Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pasta e Fagioli Recipe



I used to work as a waitress at a little Italian restaurant in my hometown. They made the most delicious pasta e fagioli I've ever had in my life. I haven't been back home in years and I randomly go through little phases where I miss that soup like no other! I've looked all over pinterest and could never find one that looked like the soup from the restaurant. The photos all looked okay, but I wasn't going to bother with the recipe if the photo of the finished product didn't resemble my beloved pasta e fagioli from Harrison, NJ. 

Then a few days ago I came across this recipe and I just knew that I had finally found it!

Pasta e Fagioli Recipe

I made a few little changes to this recipe to make it even more like the soup from NJ. I used ditalini pasta and didn't add any meat. Oh, and I added way more pasta than I wanted to because my husband insisted on pasta overload. Next time I will definitely add less so the taste of the cannellini beans can shine through a little more. 

My first taste was unreal. It took me right back to my early 20's when I was working crazy long hours at that little restaurant. Finding this recipe has made my life complete lol





No comments:

Post a Comment